Conduit for Action will release quizzes leading up to the November 6, 2018 election that will highlight each of the five ballot issues.
These quizzes will educate on the specifics of the ballot measure and its potential impact for the state.Legal actions are pending against most of the ballot issues, so some issues may or may not ultimately be voted on by the people this fall.
This week’s quiz is on Issue 4, a proposal to add two Casinos in Arkansas and expand gaming at current casinos. Issue 4 is a proposed Constitutional Amendment initiated through citizens petition of signatures.
The measure would add two new casinos in Arkansas in Pope County near Russellville and in Jefferson County near Pine Bluff. It would allow expanded gambling at Oaklawn in Hot Springs and Southland in West Memphis.
Issue Four would tax casinos proceeds as follows:
- 13% tax on first $150 million; 20% tax on receipts above $150 million
Distributed as follows:
- 55% to state general revenue
- 17.5% to racing commission for live horse and greyhound racing purses
- 8% to counties in which casino is located
- 19.5% to city/town in which casino is located (if not located in a town – to the county)
Take the quiz HERE.