The unofficial primary election results are in for Tuesday’s runoff races — all for Republican nominations.
- Former State Senator Bryan King defeated Senator Bob Ballinger for State Senate District 28, with over 53% of the vote.
- Representative John Payton defeated Senator James Sturch for Arkansas State Senate District 22, with over 58% of the vote.
- Washington County Justice of the Peace Patrick Deakins defeated Mark Scalise by only 18 votes for Washington County Judge, with 2,623 votes compared to 2,605.
Other Washington and Benton County Results:
- Hope Hendren Duke defeated Jay Oliphant with nearly 69% of the vote for state representative for District 12.
- R. Scott Richardson, running for state representative for District 13, beat Denise Bugo with about 60% of the vote.
- Tyler Dees defeated state Rep. Gayla Hendren McKenzie for state Senate District 35 with around 61% of the vote.
- Kendra Moore defeated Justice of the Peace Jim Wilson for state representative for District 23 with nearly 57% of the vote.
To view all of the results from Tuesday’s runoff election, click here.